What can a movie do to you?

It can change the entire layer of living, the complete life coated over some days. And how important is a weekend? How important is it to spend it the way you want it?

Very!!
Specially if you do nothing all week long, except writing meaningless kilometers of copy, wrecking your brians, thinking interesting concepts which you hope your ignorant and stubborn client will find equally interesting. And not to mention trying very hard to remain sane after doing all sorts of household chores which normally a housewife does. More so a maid does.

Very!
This weekend I saw three movies... Jaane tu ...ya jaane na. A teeny bopper laugh riot. I love the movie not because I identified with it, but because after a long time I really felt my age. Carefree. Crazy.For once I didnt feel like I have matured before time. I laughed like a mad woman. Genelia is absolutely adorable and to a great extent the character she played is like me. Imran is also cute.

The second movie I saw is Aamir starring Rajiv Khandelwal. A brave attempt for a debut. The raw butchering of beef lingered on my mind and somehow reminded me of my visit to Nizamuddin. The whole storyline of kidnapping, blackmailing in the name of religious fanatacism is fresh, I believe. The main terrorist was'nt really convincing. The bile yellow of the vomit after visiting the most unthinkable toilets was something striking. The ending was quite predictable but nicely directed. In all gripping but not all that moving.

Santa Mesa, Philipines...was the third of the set. Saw it at the Osian's film fest. A young kid loses his mother and goes to live with his grandmother. The culture shock, the unability to communicate with anyone, his efforts to fit in, how he meets aphotographer and helps him unite with his adopted daughter. Won't go too far to say that the acting was excellent. But a strong script.

And when you mix concoctions as varied as these, what do you get? You get my present mood. Absolutely refreshed and ready for the week ahead! Ready for more!

7 comments:

Joy deep Majumder said...

i agree...a movie which reflects yr inner self in totality or parts...does leave that lingering patina..you seem lost in it for few days or for a life time ...its like the taste of the last layers of kheer stuck to the surface of the vessel ..which tastes better than the actual servings...:)now thats a secret ..many do nt know :)

While watching "Rang de Basant"i I remember telling my mother..how i wished i was born in the era of struggle for independence ...the romance for independence..the fire in the eyes...stirred my soul...i cd feel the Indian in me...i cd feel Bhagat singh insides me.........I could identify with Amir's cocky character..siddharths broodish moments..and i wished..i cd fly like Madhavans character in a Mig 21..in that Pilot uniform ........:)

Sparkling said...

Hi D,
Sorry, it has nothing to do with your current post but I just wanted to tell that I loved your post on 'Flashback', it make me smile, smile a lil more and then just got me nostagic :)

Nice blog.

D Writer said...

hello blue kite...your post reminds me of a strange incident. I was reading this astrology book according to which people born between on so and so dates were freedom fighters in their past lives. I don't why it felt so nice, but I was mighty glad. No offence to Gandhi, but I decided if at all I was a freedom fighter I would be Bhagat Singh. I was so fascinated by the idea that I saw the film and scourged all history books within my reach.... Well that was all while I was still at school.

As of movies I intend to keep watching, living different characters. And I too am an RDB fan..

D Writer said...

Hello still thinking...Flashback was truely heartfelt...something which can't be understood without experiencing...keep visiting my blog

Joy deep Majumder said...

I hv never been a history buff ..but..yes i hv heard about the theory which says Mr. Gandhi cd have stopped Shahid Bhagat singhs execution..another which takes it futher and says he conspired to have him executed...
I suddenly am tempted to read this book "Some hidden facts:Matrydom of Shahid Bhagat singh by K.S Kooner...
well i wasnt born in the month March...he was executed in the month april ..and i was May born..a differnce of 48 days after his execution..he must have taken some time off to cool down a bit and gotten inside me..perhaps left a few burning embers inside me...yes...actually it feels warm and nice :)

D Writer said...

:)...some how Bhagat Singh interests me too a lot...dont think he is inside me though...wonder ho w it would feel to be hanged?

Joy deep Majumder said...

Being hanged for the cause Bhagat Singh was....i wd feel like i was receiving a trophy..