Random Ramblings

Woke up at 8.15 am. Lingered some more. Pushed myself out of bed. Am so much in love with my bed. Freshened up. Ransacked the kitchen for something to eat.
Geyser? No such luck. Thankfully the immersion rod is working. Put it in a bucket of water, plastic bucket. Ignored the heap of dirty clothes lying in my room. Began cooking my lunch at break neck speed. Egg, rice and potatoes into the cooker, all in one go. Peeling, cutting, frying. Done! Dal chawal etc. Curse mom half heartedly for getting me addicted to proper food.
Water boiling, have my 7 mins dip in the Ganges aka my bath. Brainstorm if I have to at the same time. Today is not the day to look good, coz I have time either to eat good or look good. I chose the former. Will look good tomorrow. Still won’t wake up any earlier.
Utensils washed, all set. Rush to the recharge shop. Man the recharge guy is getting richer by the day. See bus no. 419 stop 50 yards ahead of me. Have the urge to run and catch it. Decide against it. Saunter to the bus stop as though I have all the time in the world. Wait for another 10 mins and panic oh lord why didn’t I run. Finally catch a bus and am off to office!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, this one was great. You are more like me...great writing...keep going...I liked the lines about choosing good food or good looks. you have great skills to write fiction...

Joy deep Majumder said...

hey you almost stole my recipe...but in the panic u forgot the dal ..ha ha..grt writos...

D Writer said...

guess our recipe has similar ingredients...but essentially the recipe is different...and ya i dont steal

Joy deep Majumder said...

Agreed..u dont steal..i trust u on that ..but have u ever tried stealing that 50 paise Amrood from the tokri of the buddhi walking down yr flats staircase ....it needs ..the perfect timing .u have to be the perfect thief...:)

Joy deep Majumder said...

But beleive me the masoor Dal ..1/4 wd do wonders to the end product.. I wdnt mind a dhani mirchi and a dollop of ghee... yend eat beegommes yeyven leee .
Post lunch..and high on starch best thing to wd be to demmpeeeng your mobeele into the zing..and........sssleeeeeep... :)

D Writer said...

Stealing 50 paise amrood sounds like real fun...want to try...but my building doesnt have any old woman selling amrood...but what i have stolen is 10 paise worth imli from my sister's desk....which i myself had to bring for her as an errand...gr8 fun it was